Monday, November 28, 2011

World Golf Tour Online Game

It's winter, and unless you live in southern region, very likely the weather is a little too cold for golf. USGA is well aware of that and has a free online golf game for all golfers to enjoy.

The game is played in the beautiful and difficult courses that the professionals play. You need your skill as a golf to know how hard to hit and where to hit. Since my golf skill isn't too impressive, the game kept prompting me to take lessons to improve my game.

The golf lessons is divided into different heading such as how to read the lie, how to choose the right clubs and putting spin on the ball. When you are on the green, arrows will appear showing the lie of the green to help you make a more educated choice.

After each hole, you are shown your golf card and you came watch the replay to see how you can improve it. The game also rate your game and put you in the level that you are in. As you improve, you are allowed better clubs etc.

As you play, you can win some strange awards. I have won the green thumb award in the 3rd hole and the tin cup award in the 2nd hole. As I have never heard these award before I am not sure if the game was trying to encourage me as I inch myself towards being better or it is a random award that they issue to players.

Even though it is just an online golf game, missing the hole is still just as frustrating. The game looks realistic and I have fun playing with it. Maybe you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment