Friday, December 9, 2011

There is a (Golf) App for That

I recently upgraded to a smart phone and was able to download some golf apps. I guess I shouldn't be surprise at the wide array of golf apps available. The apps cover a wide spectrum. There is games, ways to keep golf score, information on golf scores and tools to help analyze your swing.

What caught my attention was an app called Golf Swing Form Check. Using a photo shot of your swing, with this app, you area able to draw lines to check if you have the right posture, angles etc. Fortunately, the buttons have picture to show what it is for because the words on the apps is actually all in Japanese. So while someone who doesn't know Japanese would not recognize the word for draw, the picture of a pencil would help the person make an educated guess.

I am eager to try it out, but weather would not permit (besides the temperature only being in the teens, the golf courses and ranges are all covered with at least 3 to 5 inches of snow. But looking at the reviews from people who have used it before, the positive reviews out-number the negative ones.

Besides it is free. If I don't really like it after trying it I only need to delete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment