Monday, September 19, 2011

Unforgettable Shots

All golfers have shots they can’t forget … good and bad. But there are also moments where it is just plain incredible. I only started playing golf since May this year and I have already collected quite a few.

Last month, I was out golfing with a classmate. He was trying to hit the ball across the pond, onto the green. Unfortunately, he hooked it and it went way right. The ball should have ended in the pond and that would be the end of it, but instead it hit a rock that was at the edge of the pond. It made the ball bounced up so high that it came across the pond and hit our side of the pond. Then it hit another rock and when way up straight before dropping into the middle of the pond. My classmate and I just looked at each other amazed and asked if that really happen.

Another time, I was out on a foursome. Two of the four played reasonably well while the other two of us definitely need more practice. Still, I think it takes skill for my friend to execute this one shot. She was hitting the ball on the fairway to try and get it to the green. Instead, the ball jumped sideways and backwards and almost hit the beer can off this guy who was standing about 3 yards to the right and back of her. Talking about an impossible shot, we had to take some time to recover because we all burst out laughing.

Don’t have many of such moments? What are you waiting for? Go dust off your clubs and get out there. I will be looking out for your comments on your unforgettable shots. Here's a video of fantastic shot to get you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment